No sponsorship available. No third-party candidates.
Please note, this role is REMOTE, however, candidates MUST be located in the Austin, Texas area to be eligible for consideration.
Our client, a multi-billion dollar corporation, has successfully driven business results for its clients through the power of data and critical insights.
They need you, a knowledgeable Principal Software Engineer, to bring your skills to this growing technical team. Take on the exciting challenge of pushing this company’s world-class product to the next level!
What you get to do:
- Lead the design and development initiatives for this SaaS-based data platform using Java and Hadoop
- Play a key role in improving the scalability and reliability of the microservices and platform
- Lead continuous improvement efforts, including designing and developing test cases and implementing automated testing
- Take part in troubleshooting production issue root causes
- Partake in daily stand up meetings and sprint planning
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional Java development and architecture experience
- Several years of experience in production with cloud services (Amazon Web Services/AWS preferred)
- Hands-on experience building data pipelines and databases from scratch using big data technologies (Hadoop preferred)
- Proven ability to lead and mentor a growing engineering team
What’s in it for you:
With the perfect blend of industry success and a start-up vibe, this client easily attracts top tech talent in one of the hottest markets in the nation. As an employee, you’ll enjoy a generous compensation package, great work/life balance, a variety of insurance policy packages, a flexible work schedule, and more.
Apply today to get the ball rolling on your next big career move!