- This event has passed.
Women Who Code Austin Meetup: Workshop — Oracle Data Visualization, Data management, and Data Science
April 23, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Please register for the event here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oracle-data-visualisation-data-management-data-science-workshop-tickets-59274003139
YOU ASKED AND WE LISTENED! And now, we are back with a BRAND NEW lab focused on Oracle’s Autonomous Database. Full stack developers, join us for this power-packed Meetup with the Oracle crew.
We are excited to have you join us or a workshop on “Managing Modern Databases”. The food and networking will begin at 6:00 pm. The workshop will start sharp at 6:30 pm. Doors close at 6.45 pm. Please plan to be at the venue accordingly.
Please fill out this https://goo.gl/forms/0zdDFleNoH4VLTzn1 to expedite the registration process and for us to provision your $300 Cloud Platform Trial account so that you can run this workshop smoothly.
Please choose an email address that you have never used for Oracle Cloud Platform Trial account before. You will not be required to input your credit card for creating this account.
Bring Laptop (either Windows/Mac) and pre-install:
1. SQL Developer:
Select the OS for your computer. (This page also has instructions on how to install SQL Developer on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.)
If you already have SQL Developer installed on your computer please check the minimum version required to connect to an Oracle ADW Cloud is SQL Developer 17.4.
2. Data Visualization Desktop:
Oracle Data Visualization Desktop makes it easy to visualize your data so you can focus on exploring interesting data patterns. Choose from a variety of visualizations to look at data in a specific way. Data Visualization Desktop comes with Oracle ADW.
To download and install Data Visualization Desktop, please follow:
Select the OS for your computer. This page also has instructions on how to install DVD on Windows and Mac OSX.
If you already have Data Visualization Desktop installed on your computer then please check the version. The minimum version that is required to connect to an Oracle ADW Cloud is 12c 22.214.171.124.0.
Here is the Link to the learning Library you will need during the workshop.
How is Data Management different today than it used to be? Well, to begin with, there is a gazillion times more data today than there used to be just a decade ago. Clearly, traditional tools of data management are not going to work. Let’s take a look at ways to manage enterprise data at scale without getting a PhD in database administration.
We all wear multiple hats in this cloud era so whether you are a developer, DBA, IT Ops or DevOps, this session is for you. We’ll also look at terraform based orchestration, ways to deploy microservices on a Kubernetes cluster and whip up some python/java apps quickly in the Oracle cloud.
The lab flow:
• Lab 1: Provisioning an Autonomous Database.
• Lab 2: Managing and Scaling Data using Autonomous Features.
• Lab 3: Configuring a Node.js app (as an example) to work with the Autonomous Database.
• Lab 4: Understanding and Working with REST APIs.
• Lab 5: Configuring Infrastructure
• Lab 6: Modern App Dev on Oracle’s Cloud Native Framework with Oracle Autonomous as the Backend, Database Layer.
1) Gopikrishna Manchala, Certified Principal Enterprise Cloud Architect (OCI) for the Northern California Region.
2) Santosh Kumar Ramarathnam, Senior Technical Consultant at Oracle and is an OCI certified Associate.
3) Vishal Atreja, Vishal is a cloud technology evangelist and a member of the Oracle Digital North America Technology Division Solution Engineering