- This event has passed.
The Twelve Clouds of Christmas
December 19, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
It’s a December tradition – a dozen (or more) 5 minute lightning demos/talks from the members of CloudAustin! Send the organizers a message through the Meetup.com link to get on the list of speakers for this event.
You can see the previous years’ 12 Clouds lineups for 2016 (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/228918521/), 2015 (http://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/226373629/), 2014 (http://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/212248062/), 2013 (http://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/events/140828762/), 2012 (http://www.eventbrite.com/e/austin-cloud-user-group-meeting-december-18-2012-tickets-4922596619), and 2011 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX1BT9T2tcw). Talks are OK, demos are better, strict 5 minute limit. Show off whatever you’re working on!
Various other user groups will be joining us for this festive holiday celebration – if your local tech user group wants to just pile onto this instead of trying to schedule a meeting near the holidays are welcome to call this their official December meeting too, sure!
Other Meetups Joining In
• Austin DevOps (https://www.meetup.com/austin-devops/)
• Austin Automation Professionals (https://www.meetup.com/Austin-Automation-Professionals/)
• GDG Cloud Austin (https://www.meetup.com/Google-Cloud-Platform-User-Group-GCPUG-Austin/)
1. Tristan Slominski – Roll your own distributed locks on DynamoDB in 5 minutes
2. James Wickett – Lambhack: A Vulnerable Serverless Application
4. Ian Richardson: AWS Deep Learning AMI – What’s in the box
5. Karthik Gaekwad: Kubernetes application monitoring with Prometheus
6. Michael Cote: DevOps As She is Spoken
Abstract: DevOps is dead. Was it ever alive, really? I’ve yet to meet a real “DevOps team” that’s more than just an automation team. Basically, they’re SRE people who are supporting agile teams, breaking out the wagilefall problem. Should we call it?
7. Burton Rheutan (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/members/186656616/): OpenFaaS: Serverless functions made simple
8. Victor Trac (https://www.meetup.com/CloudAustin/members/2150186/): Cloudkite Delta
9. Revanth Anireddy: 0 to API in 120 seconds (AWS Chalice)
(more are possible!)
Holiday treats, beer, and door prizes are provided.
- December 19, 2017
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Amazon Web Services, ATX, Austin, Automation, AWS, Azure, CI/CD, Cloud Austin, Cloud Computing, Community, Computer Science, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Docker, Engineering, Free Event, Group, IaaS, Local, Meetup, Networking, PaaS, Professional Networking, Programming, Rackspace, SaaS, Social, Software Development, Software Engineering, System Administration, Tech, Tech Group, Technology, Texas, Things To Do In Austin, Virtualization, Web Technology
9001 N I H 35 #150
Austin, TX United States
- Cloud Austin
- View Organizer Website