This workshop will walk you through the process of moving an existing application into a containerized CI/CD pipeline and deploying it to a running Kubernetes cluster.
During this hands-on lab, you will assume the personas of Chip, the lead DevOps engineer at Alpha Office, and Derek, the lead developer, as they embark on a new project to move an existing on-premises microservice application into the Cloud. Inside your trial account, you will start from scratch and learn how to
• Containerize microservices using CI/CD
• Create and deploy containers to a Kubernetes cluster, leveraging Terraform
• Automate complex continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines
• Implement blue/green deployments with Kubernetes
• Leverage Fn for serverless development and develop your first serverless function
Who this workshop is for:
Tech enthusiasts and developers are encouraged to join—basic development experience required.
What you will learn:
You will learn how to containerize your existing JAVA application and deploy it to a Kubernetes cluster.
• Laptop and charger
• Github account
• Oracle Cloud and Wercker accounts (will be provisioned at the start of the lab)
• Welcome and Intro to Container Native Applications
• Containerize Your Java Application and Automate Building and Packaging
• Questions, Closing, and Networking
How to find us