Software Development Manager – Java, Leadership, Commercial Software
No sponsorship available. No third-party candidates.
Anyone who has been the victim of identity theft, or knows someone who has, can attest to the fact that the emerging ‘identity economy’ is booming and faced with a variety of challenges. Not only is our client radically revolutionizing the space with their identity management software, they’re changing the landscape of the market itself. By advocating informed consent, end-users can better understand how their data is handled over the networks.
As our client continues expanding operations in Austin, they’re excited to find a knowledgeable Software Development Manager who’s comfortable mentoring a growing team of software engineers.
What you get to do:
- Own your position as the leader of a high-powered Java-based engineering team
- Pull from your previous experience in a software product company to help mentor your team on all stages in the SDLC
- Play a key role in growing, training, and retaining top engineering talent
- Take charge of forecasting, allocating, and managing a variety of resources, including personnel and capital
- Collaborate with other teams to define product requirements
What you need to succeed:
- 2-5 years in a senior-level software development role with leadership/mentorship responsibilities
- Recent experience mentoring engineers on the design, development, testing and delivery of Java-based applications
- Previous hands-on experience with commercial software product development and release
- Knowledge of hiring/recruiting/leadership best practices to grow, empower, and manage your team!
What’s in it for you:
Our client is a fun, fast-paced company that is passionate about recruiting the best talent around, setting high expectations and supporting employees in their everyday work. As a full-time employee, you’ll receive health and dental insurance, 401k with company match, bonus plans, and generous PTO. It’s time to ditch your small cubical and upgrade to your very own office! You will also enjoy fun perks like a state-of-the-art onsite gym, free snacks/drinks, and fun team building outings.
Apply today to grow your skills alongside some of the top talent in Austin!