- This event has passed.
Austin SQL Server South Meetup
SOUTH – SQL Server Tips from the Field – Jim Murphy
Monday, July 17, 2017
5:30 PM to 7:00 PM
1524 S IH-35
Austin, TX (map)
- Abstract: Microsoft SQL Server is gaining more and more market share. IT Leaders find SQL Server is a great place to store your company’s most valuable data so it can be readily accessed when needed. This raises the question: How do I protect my precious data, as well as speed up access to it so people don’t complain?
In this session, we’ll learn:
- New features in Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- The best methods of backing up/restoring the database
- Methods for cloning the data real-time and distributing access across other VM’s (AlwaysOn)
- How to determine why SQL Server is hogging up all the CPU and how to turbo-boost performance without upgrading hardware!
Bio: Jim Murphy has been using Microsoft SQL Server since version 6.0 back in the 90’s. He is the CEO of SQLWatchmen, LLC., a managed DBA service provider. He runs the Austin SQL Server User Group: CACTUSS Central. He has been a professional DBA and developer for over 25 years and has run a consulting company full time since 2001.
Find out more about this event here: https://www.meetup.com/Austin-SQL-Server-User-Group/events/240704161/?rv=me2&_af=event&_af_eid=240704161&https=on