Common Mistakes Recruiters Make
At Technology Navigators, we pride ourselves on our superior and skilled recruiters; however, we’ve all made mistakes recruiting. Here is our list of the most common mistakes recruiters make:
1. Blinded by paper qualifications
• When a candidate looks great on paper they are not necessarily a fit for the client. You have to consider their interview level and if they are a cultural fit.
2. Adopting a candidate as a personal crusade
• We’ve all done it. We find a candidate that is just as sweet as can be but not a very place-able candidate. We end up getting stuck putting all of our time and resources into just one candidate.
3. Presenting a candidate who lives too far from the job site
• Nobody wants to spend 2 hours to and from work, especially in Austin traffic.
• It’s important for recruiters to remember this specifically. Location can be a make it or break it for a candidate
4. Stopping the search after 1 acceptable candidate is found
• Most early #1 interview favorites don’t take or receive offers
•It’s important not to put all your eggs in one basket
5. Forcing situations when a candidate doesn’t want a job
•It’s hard when you find the perfect person for the perfect job, but sometimes you just have to let it go when the candidate isn’t feeling it.
We would love your feedback on mistakes recruiters make specifically with recruiter/candidate relationships!